Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Hope For A Junkie' s Life



You have to give it away to keep it. Two homeless young man living in the car in the Walmart parking lot. Addicted to pills ,living a junkie's life.  I befriended them. Over two month I planted the seed of hope and living a clean & sober life.

New Years Day-one young man was jumped and beat bad. He came over for help. Cleaned his wounds. Called his mother. The love of a mother shined through that day even tho the road they were both on was one of tears, fear and betrayal by the son because of his addiction. A new life.

They got the help he needed and he is in detox & rehab. May he trudge the road to happy destiny.

Young man # 2. Left on his own. Sick & tried of being sick & tried. A bed in detox on Saturday did not open up for him. He came to the Thrift Shop,  suicidal & dope sick. I called the county emergency crisis  team, Now he is detox off the street. Hope !

" I am responsible… When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of A.A / N.A. always to be there. And for that: I am responsible."

If they stay clean and sober that is a benefit. For me I stayed clean and sober another day by giving away freely what God has given to me.

Helping the throw aways of society, kitties and humans alike has kept me alive.

And for this, this coming up Friday I will be celebrating 27 years of sobriety and another day of life.

God willing.


And I'm gratefull.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment