Sunday, September 4, 2011

Do Not Pass Go - Do Not Collect $200



If we had a handful of local  volunteers we will be able to do so much more & the kitties will  be so ever happy.  So if you are local.

 http://www.puffypawskittyhaven.com/id157.html

Now the topic of the day is Community Service help.  A few weeks ago I had a nice chat with a probation  officer and she agreed with me that probation and doing Community Service is a second chance for people who got themselves in trouble, so that will not go to jail.

My question is how many chances do these people want at the expenses of the kitties at Puffy Paws by costing me time and money by being a full time babysitter for them and going over their wok and changing my plans when they do not show up ?????

I get the good, the bad and the ugly at the Thrift Shop . I have never said that I did not appreciate good help. If you look at the past blogs ,its always been a Catch 22 with the Community Service help.

But if it was not for their hard labor,for those who work, Puffy Paws Thrift Shop will not be what it is today.

These people wreck their own lives. Through their behavior. Words and deeds. They are not going to wreck the running of the Thrift Shop anymore.

The Community Service Application ,that they must fill out is weeding out a lot of the bad apples from the get go, but it is not enough.

http://www.puffypawskittyhaven.com/id373.html

The know the rules to continue to do Community Service here, but for some of them, it still has not stop the bad behavior.  So now I asked  them to leave when its not working out.

So far I have never report anyone to their parole office for blatantly violating the terms of Community Service.

But times have changed,. And we need people here who want to work and not want a free ride,

As of today,  people will think twice, once they have read the following on the Community Service application.. And maybe they will save me the headaches and go someone where else off the bat.

ANY  & ALL VIOLATIONS OF THESE SIMPLE RULE WILL RESULT IN US ASKING YOU TO DO YOUR COMMUNITY SERVICE ELSEWHERE.  IF WE ASKED YOU TO LEAVE SO YOU MAY DO YOUR HOURS ELSEWHERE YOUR PROBATION OFFICER WILL BE NOTIFIED.

So their it is in black and white.

Now my question is how can I wreck someone  life when all done was tried to help.

This is the kicker of the weekend. There is CSP who needs 27 hours by the 7th.

Three weeks ago I asked her to leave before because it was not working out.

I gave her ample amount of time to get her hours done somewhere else.
She failed and begged me to take her back ,so she will no go to jail.

I said OK and she was late on Saturday. No phone call. She never came back when she said she would ,when she left mid-day on Saturday. No phone call their and today Where is she ?????  No phone call....

She has not worked the hours she said she will

I’m not going to report her but she is done doing her hours here. She can go down the road.

And if that means going to jail because she can not get them.

What I’m suppose to do ? What would you do ??????

1 comment:

  1. It's a catch 22 with the Community Service folks but this comment made my day left on my personal page by one of the original Community Service kids. Here it is - " We are proud rick you were one of my best mentors if only i would of listen to you when we first ment who knows where i would be know you know i probably would own a house or be succseful but at least i have a full time job and make good mo...ney and have been clean for 6 weeks so i think im gonna do good this time around you know but i just got to keep my head up and live 1 day at a time.... peace out uncle rick ttys...."

    ReplyDelete