Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Apple Does Not Fall To Far From The Tree

 
 
Five years ago today my Dad or " Dee ", as I called him passed away. My father was always tough on me but with my wild spirit and I'm going to do what I want to do punk attitude, as I look back he had to. I have many of his qualities, the good, the bad and the ugly. He taught me to be honest above any thing else. He saved my life from a life of drinking and drugs. He made sure I got out of High School and got a Honorable discharge from the Army with his words of encouragement and wisdom.

He taught me to follow my dreams and never quit. He taught me not to be a doormat. Today I'm who I'm becasue of my father, He gave me alot. With his hard work as a foreman at DuPont, he was able to buy the Haven for Chrissy and I. with out him their will be no Puffy Paws.

He loved the kitties and the loved him. He knew he was going to die and he died with dignity and Honor. As he lie on his deathbed he awoke from a nap and look at me and said - " Why The Hell I'm Still Here ". Patience was not his virtue.He told me that that he never knew dying was going to such a beautiful experience.

My last words to him was 'Thank you D for a good life and true to form he last words to me was "You're Welcome...Boy ! Now get out of here before you miss your plane. The next morning he passed away in the Log Cabin home he loved.

When he passed away I was sleeping back in Florida and that night I had the most peaceful sleep I ever had. I woke up to the news that he was gone. From the moment on all the bad childhood feeling I had of my Father passed away that night with him. He was a good man and I was lucky that I had him as a Father.

If he ever want to know what my  Father was like just look into my eyes and you can catch glimpse of him in me ! Because my Father lives on in my words ,actions and deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment