Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Answers You Seek



Dana 

As you come in to the outside entrance of the Donation Center we have a sign that’s states.

“ All Priced Tags Are Voided. We Set The Donation Amount So We Can Feed The Kitties. “.


We do not put stickers on any item in the Shop. All price stickers that are left on any item came in that way. All priced tags are voided. We set the donation amount so we can feed the kitties. We set the donation amount verbally for each item. We even have a second sign that explains this verbal fact.


Here is a picture of the signs in one shot at the entrance


The reason for the sign “ All Priced Tags Are Voided. We Set The Donation Amount So We Can Feed The Kitties. “

We have had problems in the past with price tags left on items in the Shop because of the volume of items that come in.

So we made up two signs and put them were everyone can see them before they come in.

I do not have the time or the manpower to take off or cover up the all the stickers in the Shop.

So we made the signs and put in front so everyone can read it, before they come in.

At the Donation enter we specialize in Old School Video Games and systems .

We have the largest selection in Englewood and nearby area.






Video Gamers have always support the kitties at Puffy Paws by getting games and systems at the Donation center for a fair market value

Every week I go out and buy old video games and systems to fill the shelves.

From yard sales, Goodwill, other Thrift Shops and the like.

Like I said I do not have time to take price-stickers off each and every game that we get.

Our Video Games start out at $5 bucks and go up according to the game itself and what they are going for on-line.

I go on-line to find the fair market value of each game. I never have charged anyone the full on-line price at the Shop.
I always came up with a happy medium at the Shop One game she wanted was Surf Riders.



Check out what Surf Riders is going for on-line. From $2.97 to over $23.00


I paid $1.50 at a yard sale to resell it at the Shop. And I asked her for a $5 bucks donation.
Their were two price tags left on the game $1.50 & $1.79 Which I did not have time to remove.

When she got upset - I showed her the sign.

“ All Priced Tags Are Voided. We Set The Donation Amount So We Can Feed The Kitties. “ - .

I asked for a fair market value for two video games she wanted.

I go on-line to find the fair market value of each game, we have games that are worth over $25 dollars and I can not sell them all for $5 bucks or even under.

With all of the positive news that surrounds our work, I am disappointed that this incident is what seems to be deemed newsworthy. I wish we would get as much attention for the positive aspects of our work in the community.

Thank You
Rick Kingston
Co-Founder Puffy Paws Kitty Haven

No comments:

Post a Comment